For Homeowners, Landlords, and Businesses, there is no substitute for a full energy audit.
Why is it called an "audit?" Because we will be determining which improvements to your building are most cost-effective, and how long they will take to pay for themselves, so that you can get a loan to pay for them if you need to. We offer a variety of types of audit to meet your needs.
Standard Energy Audit
Our certified auditors will:
- Take interior and exterior measurements of your building envelope, windows, and climate control system
- Test the safety of your combustion appliances (furnace, water heater, stove, fireplace) for gas leaks, carbon monoxide, and exhaust spillage under a variety of conditions
- Use a "blower door" to determine how leaky your building is and what area of leaks can be safely sealed
- Produce a basic computer model of your building, test this model for accuracy against your past 12 months' utility bills, and
- Produce detailed reports showing which improvements would be most cost effective.
All this for just $300!
We reserve the right to decline to do a Standard Audit if your house has more than two furnaces or is located more than 45 miles from Emporia, Kansas.
Deluxe Energy Audit
A Deluxe Audit includes everything the Standard Audit does, plus we will also:
- Provide a detailed analysis of your utility bills
- Test large appliances (refrigerators, freezers, etc.) to determine their electrical consumption
- Test all of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and replace the batteries if necessary
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm if you don't have one
- Take the necessary measurements to produce a more detailed and accurate computer model than the Standard Audit requires
- Personally present the results to you and answer any follow-up questions you may have for up to a year after the audit
- Come to your location farther than 45 miles from Emporia (additional fee applies).
A Deluxe Energy Audit is a lot of work, requiring 3-5 hours on location in your building and several additional hours to complete the computer model and produce estimates of cost-effective improvements. On top of that, the auditor must be professionally trained and certified, have expensive equipment, specialized software, and liability insurance. Our pricing is as follows:
- Buildings up to 1000 square feet: just $389!
- From 1000 to 2000 square feet (most homes): $489
- Larger than 2000 square feet, or more than 2 furnaces: $589
- (multi-family apartment buildings and other large structures may require special estimates.)
Following an audit, you may wish to apply for a loan so that you can pay for an audit and the recommended improvements through your energy savings. We will be happy to answer any questions your loan officer may have about your energy savings potential.
After you get an audit, you will likely make improvements to your building so that you can start saving money! However, any changes that affect the rate of air infiltration, such as sealing leaks, patching ducts, or adding insulation, can affect the air quality and safety of your building. For just $150 we will return to do the combustion appliance safety tests and blower-door test again, update our computer model of your building, and re-generate all the reports. Not only will this assure you that your building is safe, it will demonstrate that you fixed the problem you intended to fix and ensure that you have the most accurate information to guide you in deciding what to do next.
Ready to start? Contact us!